LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Conroy Stolifter

Last post 07-13-2009, 8:32 PM by R. J. Frick. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-12-2008, 9:58 PM 5194

Conroy Stolifter

I am looking for more information on the Conroy Stolifter.  What I know is that it started out life as a Cessna Skymaster which Jack Conroy removed the rear engine and inserted a 575 horse Garrett turbine in the nose.  I have only found a grainy black and white photo of it and would like to find more.  Any help or tips on where to turn for more info  would be great.  Thanks
  •  07-13-2009, 8:32 PM 7998 in reply to 5194

Re: Conroy Stolifter

I wokred on this project in 1968.  I was a new graduate of UCSB waiting to go on active duty in the Army and a new private pilot.  My usual jobs were go-fer assignments from maudlin to amanzing ("Go warm up the Corsair, a F4U Jack bought" to pick up a turboprop.  I drove to LA for the Garrett.  The concept in 1968 was a turboprop Air Force spotter with a clean front bay for avionics and, perhaps, arms.  This would outperform the 02.  Great guys to work with.  I recall a fellow named Kirby was the engineer, and had done the Kirby diving helmet.  And I think it was Clay Lacy was came up from time to time to fly it, commuting from Van Nuys in a purple P51, Snoopy.  
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us